Some Self-Motivators worth Reflecting
I used to jot down every year some useful wise words, from well-known great leaders and writers, to be read, reflected upon and used as self-motivators. Spending time this afternoon to look at my photos collection in the past, I found that on the back cover of my lovely photo album, following thoughts, I wrote on 11 July 1987. Very pleased to read this universal wisdom once again and I think it is still meaningful 24 years later and hundreds of years to come.
- Sometimes the strongest needs the help of the weakest
- As you make your bed, so you must lie upon it
- A closed mouth catches no flies
- Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today
- To see which ways the wind slows
- Better late than never
- Out of sight, out of mind
- Actions speak louder than words
- A friend in need is a friend indeed
- Two heads are better than one
Every year, I collect some wise words that I like the most and write on the first page of my diary for regular checking. For 2011, I have noted down those wise words when we visited Sihanoukville on the eve of New Year 2011. They are as follows:
- Great things are accomplished by talented people, who believe they will accomplish them.
- The starting point of all achievement is “DESIRE”. Weak desire brings weak results.
- When you blame others, you give up your power to change.
- Coming together is a Beginning, keeping together is Progress, and working together is Success.
- When work is pleasure, life is joy! When work is duty, life is slavery.
- The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source of which, self-respect springs.
- One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.
- To be productive you must have a target, so that you will not waste any time.
- Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries. Try to be better than yourself.
Wonderful feeling to read it all again, though I may have accomplished just parts of these great sentences. It would be great if we could follow all these principles 100%. But, we, as human being, are not perfect.